Saturday, October 1, 2011

Finally!

I've been looking forward to RTVII since RTVI ended. I had such a fun time, and I learned a lot from the process. I've been having a hard time deciding what I'm going to create this time around. I've been doing a lot of orchestral writing for some video projects here in Nashville, so that's kind of where my mind is right now. I've gotten to the point where I can sit at the piano and come up with something pretty quickly, so I want to challenge myself with something completely different.

I was a Mercy Lounge last night doing a cartage gig for the synth player for The Long Players, where they performed Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety. I hadn't listened to Pink Floyd in a while, and hearing it live gave me a new perspective on it. The energy in the crowd along with the virtually flawless interpretation of the album gave me chills.

So, I decided to attempt an album, not necessarily paying homage to Pink Floyd, but definitely tipping my hat.

I've also been listening to Active Child's new album You are all I see and have been entranced by his haunting voice, hip-hop beats, and epic ambient harp.

So, my plan is to create some sort of ambient psychedelic rock/hip-hop album. I might throw in an electronic composition similar to Pink Floyd's On the Run to tie sections of the album together. I definitely want it to be an experience similar to DSotM.

I have no idea what my subject matter is going to be, but I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment