Friday, September 30, 2011

Intraphase's coming concept EP

Hey Record Time friends,

We, Intraphase, are gearing up to record another album. It's always exciting getting the caught up in a creative moment. It's even better when you get to hear the playback of that first rough mix. Surely, this will be no different!

We got involved through a friend of it's creator, Kris Eckman. (Looking forward to hearing your stuff Kris.) But the timing couldn't of been more prefect. I (Mike Godlove) had been working with our drummer and long time friend Eric Cripe on a story for a concept album. We were just figuring out some of the details and now here we are. Want to give a thanks to Dan for hosting this event!

Our story is about an orphan boy who has just been accepted into the not-so-warm arms of new foster parents. He had a sordid past and as the album progress we find out some of the details of this past.

As a band we explore many different genres of music and this album will be no different. Eric has pushed me as a guitarist to come up with riffs heavier and darker than I'm used to playing. Exploring those new areas for me has been exciting. Very excited capture it all on tape.. or hard disk rather.

I'll be keeping the Record Time masses updated on our progress as it continues. If you're interested in our band we've love for you to cruise by our facebook, or reverbnation pages. Also, search us on YouTube. We have a couple episodes of something we call the "365 Project." It was our attempt of writing, recording and releasing music in the same day. It was fun and some of it was pretty decent. I think a week is a little more realistic, thanks Record Time!


Mike Godlove
guitarist for Intraphase

2 comments:

  1. The 365 project sounds cool -- did you finish it? I once did a song a day for 40 days (a 40-song musical)...I wish I had that kind of time again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everyone in the band was supposed to be writing a song every day. I made it until the middle of March. I still write a lot but nothing close to everyday. It was a lot of fun and definitely helped remove a lot of topic boundaries. I really like progressive rock and story music. Made it easy to string things together

    ReplyDelete