Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lobster Shanty is on board!

This will be my 6th Record Time. I look forward to it every time I get the phone call from Dan when he gets the RT-itch.

Lobster Shanty and the Crab Rangoons will set sail once again for RTVII. Collaborating is something that I've found to be really fun with this event as well. Although only one of the albums submitted has been a joint effort, I think the team effort is definitely worth pursuing if you haven't tried it!

After several discussions with my fellow collaborator, Nick, we decided that we're going to go for an old school funk record--circa 1960s. Should be pretty fun, and our low-tech gear should hopefully add to that cloudy lo-fi sound. I don't think that I'll be contributing any guitar this time around since Nick is a more dutiful guitarist in the funk department. Me only needing to do Drums and Vox should hopefully let me better focus on those 2 things, yielding a more thoughtful performance...(record) time will tell.

I will say that it's really great to see some old names returning for RTVII. It's fun to hear how everyone's tastes change over the years, and try to pick up on their influences since the last Record Time! Hopefully people contribute more to the blog this time around...I think it's a great addition for motivation's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment