Sunday, October 9, 2011

OMG, I Actually Made Something!

Hi, Record Timers!

I didn't want to post anything until I had something concrete, so that's why I'm making an appearance so late in the game.

I am in no way a musician or a person with musical talent (my Spring 2008 submission is proof of that).  My very patient boyfriend showed me the basics of GarageBand, so you will probably recognize loops, etc.

I initially was going to create a song that popped into my head a few weeks prior, but I couldn't find beats that fit in time with my lyrics.  Instead, I created a music piece using the beats that got stuck in my head while browsing.  This is an experiment in what sounds cool to me, without relying on lyrics to drive the song and keep my interest.  The goal of my song is to GETCHU OUTTA YO' SEAT and the album art supports this by making you feel like you can't stay in one place.

Please enjoy One Minute Rave (technically 00:01:12), with advice and audio mastering by Kris Eckman and cover art by me.

And good luck to the rest of you!  I look forward to hearing what you've come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment