Friday, October 7, 2011

Hooray Music!

(Disclaimer: My work computer doesn't have spell-check on it, so my true ignorance of the English language may shine through...)

Record Time VII has been wrought with challenges for me so far. On top of the usual 40 hour work week, the band I am producing is wrapping up their EP, so a lot of my free time this week is being eaten up by that. Also, the Mrs. and I just moved into a new appartment a little over a month ago and the "music" room (which is really small to begin with) has been more of a "storage" room, as we are still organizing and moving stuff around. And on top of that, my trusty old laptop bit the dust a couple weeks ago, so I am now on a new computer which won't support my old version of Pro Tools. Reaper is an easy program to use, but there is still a learning curve to it and composing/recording isn't as fluid as I'd like it to be. Add to that the usual hinderances, such as intermitant midi keyboards, electronically induced noise creeping in through my interface, lack of owning a bass guitar, etc. and it sure makes for a tough week.

Thems the breaks, however, and I am still managing to get some music done, although certainly not the full 30 minutes I've hit (or been close to) every other time. So far, I have 4 songs, clocking it at around 11 minutes. One of those songs iwill probably ve extended by another minute or so, and I think I have one more song in me (maybe...) so I think I can hit the 15 min mark.

Sonically, this album will be a bit unlike anything I've done before, primarily because it will have absolutely zero electric guitar on it (well, my last RT album didn't have any guitar on it either, but I don't really count that album). Hopefully it will not disapoint!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment