Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Progress Report

I've decided to call it an early night (1:30 is early) because I'm getting so tired I feel drunk. I've been up till 3 or so each night and waking up at 7 to get back to it before class and work, which eats up a lot of my day. But enough about that. Here's how things are coming.

So far, I'm really really pleased with how this is going. Since I moved to a small apartment with not-so-thick walls and ceilings, I decided to do all of the electric stuff through direct input. This decision was a real bummer at first, but after a few days, I feel like I've got the guitars sounding even better than they would have if they were being mic'd with my crappy "stack." I don't want to give too much away, but I can definitely say that this album packs a punch. Several, actually. It's the heaviest material I've ever recorded, by a long shot, but there is a lot more to the album than just heaviness.

Conceptually, this album juxtaposes nature and technology. To what end are the means of scientific progress? Is there truly a great difference between organic and bionic? What are we doing to our sense of humanity by pushing forward as relentlessly as possible?

TL;DR i am writing devil music about computers, but keeping it psychedelic.

At the time of writing this, I have roughly 13 minutes of music done.
Good night, everyone. Laptop and recording interface, I will see you again in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment