Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weird

I am off to a strange and somewhat uncomfortable start. But I have a lot of music. 4 songs, 7:20, two with completed lyrics. The good news is this is turning out somewhat like I expected. The bad news is I'm not sure how many more songs I can write in this style without them sounding identical. But I still have some tricks up my sleeve.

I'm thinking I may shoot for 12-15 songs, rather than 30 minutes, as these ragtimey songs are fast and packed with lyrics, which takes a lot of time. But who knows...I've never had a RT album of less than 25 mins, and I'd rather not start now.

So far I have a song about Kiddie Cocktails, a very pretty song about dating an elderly woman, another song about a certain television star, and one whose subject is yet to be decided. It's gonna be a weird album.

No comments:

Post a Comment