Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lots of vocals

I decided to write a piece using vocal harmonies as the principal driving force. It's fairly minimal with vocal parts coming in and building some pretty stellar chords. Pulsating oohs coming and going, panning left and right... Right now I have about 9 layers of vocals, double tracked for the first "A" section... I have to go through and double track the "B" section tomorrow, write the "A1" and bridge sections, and then figure out how to end it... Maybe end it with a completely new unrelated section...

Here's a screen cap from my work so far... I'm pretty excited about it. Also, the synth I made for this is pretty stellar as well. I think that might be my word for this piece... Title maybe?

2 comments:

  1. Woah man. That looks pretty gnarly. Can't wait to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! I'm looking forward to hearing this one...

    ReplyDelete