Sunday, October 2, 2011

T minus 2 hours...

Are you guys as pumped as I am? I have had RTVII in the back of my mind since the last one. Since then, I've recorded a hip-hop EP and a totally ridiculous grindcore album, both of which allowed me to learn some new recording techniques and get all of the musical silliness out of my system. Now, it's time to get serious again.

Since the last RecordTime, I've been practicing incessantly to make this effort every bit better that I could. My last album was a big washy mixture of stumpy riffs in odd time signatures and crispy, panning electronic noises. While I was really proud of myself for what I had accomplished, I knew that it was just a start in that realm of sound.

SO, this album will be somewhat similar to my last one, insofar as it will be a wide array of sound, from dark heavy heavies to light pretty pretties. But this sound will be FAR more straightforward and driving (less like The Mars Volta, more like Judas Priest).

What to expect: A story about a young man trapped in an increasingly technological world. As the technology encroaches, something inside of him grows stronger. A deafening power soon to be awakened. To unite with the machine, or destroy the whole system.

Good luck everybody! (especially those of us who are chomping at the bit and starting at midnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment